Wednesday, January 13, 2010

My loves, my joys, my dear children, Mommy loves you.

But shut the hell up and go to sleep.

I hear you yelling. Yes, yes, but you went down for your naps an hour ago.

You whimpered and sighed for a half hour. Then, you were asleep ... or so you led me to believe.

Now, you're yelling "Heeeelllllllp! Mommmmmm-yyyyyyyy! Iiiiiii'm awa-aaaaaake! Mommy!? I'm awake! *pause* MOOOOOOOOOMMMMM-YYYY!! I'm A-WAKE!"

This is what I hear:  nothing.

Just like what you hear when I say, "Dear loveys, please pick up your Legos and put them in the bin" and then sing you the happy pick-up song I just invented.

Just like what you hear when I say, "Babies! It's lunchtime; come to the table, please." (You know, until the part where I declare that I will be eating all of Mommy's homemade mac-and-cheese all by myself, and you come running into the kitchen, your tiny little stocking feet sliding on the linoleum, screaming, "NOOOO! That's MY mac-and-cheese!")

You are adorable, and you are the loves of my life. But, if we're being frank with each other?

I did not get split open in the middle of the night and nurse two children in two different hospitals two hours away from one another for two weeks and take a huge step back in my career and work from home with no adult interaction just to get one-hour naps out of you two.

So, this is how it's going to work: You are going to shut your adorable 3-year-old pie holes for at least the next 45 minutes, or I swear on all that is pure and good about motherhood that this house will never again have lollipops.

Do we have a deal?


I'm glad we understand each other.


10 comments:

  1. Haha this was fantastic. I want to be a mommy like you when I grow up

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha. I suspect I will have moments like this in my future. I cannot imagine ever wanting to share my mac & cheese with *anyone*, for one thing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This post demonstrates at least a purple belt in the arts of mom-jitsu.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How low, blaming your push-up bra on your sweet innocent children...you don't see guys saying "See this, son? Because of you, I now need this fucking jockstrap!"...I mean, c'mon... AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!! (that was me doing The Fonz...not doing him as in sexing him...I don't play butt darts)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love how they yell "help" like it's some kind of toddler emergency that they want to get up and play.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Laurnie - it's not hard. You still screw with people all the time. They're just smaller, and sometimes you have to go easy on them so as not to turn them into serial killers.

    Jess - I put a bunch of healthy crap in the mac and cheese. Don't worry. It's not that great.

    Dogimo - Do we get uniforms!?

    Meatbag - If you needed a jockstrap because you nursed your children with your penis, the jockstrap would be the very, very least of your problems. I'm pretty sure.

    Miss Yvonne - Right!? I'm going to have to teach them to yell "Shitballs" or something if someone tries to abduct them. Otherwise, I'm going to be all, "Yeah, sure kid. I'll get right on that cry for help for an effing juice box."

    ReplyDelete
  7. At least your kids get points for some creativity in creating an *emergency* to get you to rescue them from their nap. Mine used to just stay up rather defiantly.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Seems like a reasonable deal to me.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awesomeness. It's like "Hey! I've done my duty for the day. Now it's your bed time shookums and mommy is OFF THE CLOCK!! Lovvvvve Youuuu." *kiss* "But Mommy!"- "Mommy's not here again till the morning when you snap your whip and order breakfast." LOL I LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. "I swear on all that is pure and good about motherhood..."

    Pure gold!

    ReplyDelete