Thursday, October 1, 2009

Naked cupcakes and karma

Today, I am staring at naked cupcakes. (It's PHubby's birthday.)


I don't really believe in karma, or what I, with my limited knowledge of Eastern religion and my overindulgence in pop culture, perceive to be karma.

And that's what brought me to Naked Cupcake Day. Kind of.

I saw this video on Facebook, originating with vimeo.com. It features an adorable little girl, eating a stolen cupcake her mom told her she couldn't have. I laughed. I reposted. That was March 24.

March 30, I got a lot of work done early in the morning, while my own adorable two-year-old children played quietly.

I heard giggles. I walked into the kitchen to find them stripped of clothing and diapers and eating warm, unfrosted cupcakes they stole from the top of the oven.

Obviously, I recorded the incident, but I'm not posting it because of creepy Internet people.

So, a friend, Allison, created a Facebook event. In her words:

Naked Cupcake Day

frosting optional...
Host:
Lucy and Harrison
Type:
Network:
Global
Start Time:
Monday, March 30, 2009 at 4:30pm
End Time:
Tuesday, March 31, 2009 at 11:30pm
Location:
Your home, or mine - come on over!

"Today is a day dedicated to nakedness and cupcakes. Originated by the young Lucy and Harrison in 2009, Naked Cupcake Day reminds us that there's nothing wrong with taking off your diaper and grabbing a warm cupcake out of the muffin tin before they're 'done'.

So, today I urge you to leave your pants at home, run down to the corner store and cook up some warm sweet smelling tiny cakes.

Eat them naked, and giggle."

No comments:

Post a Comment