Monday, October 5, 2009

Einstein is sexy

Twice, I've had a conversation with Pat about Marilyn Monroe. The first time was five years ago.

On Marilyn Monroe's marriages...
Pat:  How many times was she married?
Sarah:  I dunno. A lot?
Pat:  Well, she was married to Joe DiMaggio (pause) Arthur Miller (pause) and Einstein.
Sarah:  What?!
Pat: What?
Sarah:  Marilyn Monroe wasn't married to Einstein.
Pat:  Really? (pause) Well, they had sex or something.
Sarah :  (laughing) No. They didn't.

The second time, which was just a few months ago, he just accused Einstein of having sex with Marilyn Monroe. I stared at him, thinking he was joking. Surely, he remembered how I tormented him after the first conversation.

Nope.

I explained. Again.

Pat: Who am I thinking of?
Sarah: JFK?

I post this now because we all need a laugh in this tragic, post-David-Letterman-affair world. A man in power, who smokes cigars, having inappropriate relationships with staffers?

Well, I never would have guessed. Sure hope he never said anything bad about President Clinton's affairs.

Oh.

2 comments: