Wednesday, September 1, 2010

This Is How You're Going to Improve My Life

So, I just left a really sad rant of a comment over at The Bloggess and probably should have thought better of it. I mean, The Bloggess is not my therapist.

You guys are!

So, I'm going to recap some recent events for you, and then you get to vote on my future behavior. I'm pretty sure I should stop kicking puppies, because things are not going well.

I don't actually know what I did wrong because I'm not very self-reflective. I'm mostly driven by anxiety and impulse, which is a huge surprise to regular readers who find me very classy and self-contained.

I told The Bloggess in her comments that I hate her because her pee looks "fantastic," according to her doctor, and I kind of mean it because my pee still has "signs of infection," and my doctor put me on my third antibiotic in a month, and my kidneys probably look like that chick who got her face torn off by the Chimpanzee - either like that or like that kid from Mask, who was a much less attractive person than Cher, but you could still sort of make out a resemblance, which in my opinion, is just damn good casting - but anyway, I took a day off work, which I really did not want to do, and I went back today even though I still have a fever, because I had to pick up my car from the mechanic this morning, so I was already in town.

S'anyway, even though I wound up not having back cleavage for the wedding, which was cool, I'm still struggling because I still have a fever, but at least my brake isn't almost catching on fire anymore, and also yesterday, I left my pinkeye medication at the doctor's office, where I went to deal with the fucking kidney infection, and the girl who sits across from me who gave me the pinkeye has pinkeye AGAIN, and also when I went in to work on Monday, the electric outlet behind my desk was crackling even after I removed all the plugs, and the building maintenance guy was all "Good thing you called us to replace it because it was already burning,' and I was like "awesome," and also this weekend, while I had pinkeye and a kidney infection for our dear friends' wedding, I ran into this guy I dated in, like, 9th grade and this week, he sent me a message that was all "You have a nice personality" instead of "Hey, sexygirl. You're looking great! No way you gave birth to twins! I kick myself daily for being so lame when we were 14 and also for telling everyone that I felt you up, even though we both totally know you let me."

Which?

Should be the form letter for any ex-boyfriends who send private messages on Facebook, even if you had a young, meaningless relationship, because otherwise, what the fuck is the point?

It's called protocol, people.

/rant

So, here's where you guys come in. You get to vote on my response to 9th grade loverboy (whom my friend's yo-boy (remember those?) ex-boyfriend called Wonder Boy, for some unknown reason)*.

Some of these responses I came up with on my own. Some were courtesy of hilarious coworkers and/or PHubby.

(Oh - and it's possible, but not probable - that this guy has seen my blog. I'm pretty sure some mutual friends read it, but they probably wouldn't tell him about it, but just in case, disclaimer:  Um, you're totally cool, ex-boyfriend from 18 years ago, and I'm glad we can chill sometimes (every 6 to 8 years), even though you're kind of creepy quiet and I awkwardly don't know what to say to you because I really don't know you as an adult, even though you seem pretty nice.)
(Oh! and pretend Gwen Stefani's "I Know We're Cool" is playing.)

Back on point. The context of the message from Wonder Boy was something like, I forgot you're funny and sarcastic. Glad to see you. Be in good health.

*pause with closed eyes and lips, finger to chin, letting it sink in*

*aaaaand, sharp inhale*

I KNOW, RIGHT?!

I'm glad you're as incensed** as I am about the lack of ass compliments and sweaty, feverish angst that obviously did not go in to this note and which my undying beauty and grace so obviously call for.

Where is the pining and groveling?

So.

The responses are (and whatever you pick I'm using for real (God, I'm an asshole)):

A. Thanks. You have a nice personality, too.

B. You remain as exciting as a bucket of wet cement.

C. Thanks! I am funny and sarcastic. But seriously? Go fuck yourself.

D. This is super nice, but you forgot to compliment my youthful good looks. Please edit and resubmit.

E. Kind of you to say. Your girlfriend has a nice "personality," too.

F. Remember that time we dry-humped under a bridge and you came in your pants?

G. What was it that charmed you? When I made my Cesarean scar speak or when I snorted down the Alabama Slammer and shot it out of my mouth like a fountain?

Leave your votes in the comments!

51 comments:

  1. okay, D just further illustrates your wit and sarcasm, so it would be kind of cutting but in a nice, sort of funny way. so he could either be, like, offended and leave you alone, or he'd be like 'haha, still funny as ever' and continue a lame, half assed conversation with you on facebook.

    but seriously, i really want you to use F. because making people feel awkward and uncomfortable is kind of a thing of mine. that filter you're supposed to have between your brain and your mouth? i removed mine ON PURPOSE. being awkward and uncomfortable is awesome.

    http://justanotherwastedday.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. And ... sold. I'm now following.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I also vote for D for sure!! Not offensive but still enough to make him think WTF?!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A combo. D, then F as a PS, because then it's kind of like an unspoken threat. Like compliment extortion. But totally fair and sexy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I pick C. No, F. No, wait!! C.
    F. Definitely F.

    Oh and also? You are a pretty pretty princess.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I vote for D, with a side order of "Boy, have YOU changed!" Let him ponder that for awhile.

    Plus, you are my girl crush. Love this.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm torn between F and G. F is meaner and really cutting but G is just soo good. If it's any consolation, after reading G, in particular, I kind of have a girl crush on you. Not the point where anything's really happening in my pants but it's early...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Obvs, you gotta go w/ D w/ the F PS...b/c come on, you're you, right? And b/c it would be all sorts of awesome.

    BTW, b/c I have to talk about myself. I sent an IM of a similar nature to a way old bf (haven't spoken to him in 18 years)...and all I got was the sound of crickets. Can you say awkward?

    ReplyDelete
  9. I don't see why you can't combine all or just B, C, and D. But if I must choose, I vote D!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm stuck between D & F. Either one or both put together would be pretty epic. It could go something like this:

    This is super nice, but you forgot to compliment my youthful good looks. Please edit and resubmit.

    P.S. Remember that time we dry-humped under a bridge and you came in your pants?

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gotta go with the crowd (but not in an "everyone's doin' it" kind of way, but in a "they know what they're talking about" kind of way)... a D & F combo would be sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  12. How about:

    "Thanks! It took a while to get over all the cutting and drug/sex addiction but with The Lord's Help (Steve Guttenberg) I have been finally able to see the light and am working toward's my Master's degree in psychotherapy and Swedish Massage. Do you have any Vicodin?"

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'll go with A. I like A. Subtlety is good. That way, if he was insulting you, you can fuck with his head the same way. If he wasn't, then karma won't bite your head off since you just said exactly what he said to you.

    http://ficklecattle.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  14. D.

    Or F.

    No. F. F is the one.

    No. D + F as PS. That's my choice. [Yeah, it takes me this long to decide what kind of dish soap to buy, too.]

    Also, someone I used to know [no, not that way] saw the movie Mask and missed the entire conceit because he just keep talking about how ugly that kid was, and could you believe how ugly he was? Couldn't they find someone less ugly to be in the movie? That guy was UGGGGLY.

    So, you know, there's that.

    ReplyDelete
  15. D is awesome.

    Now I want an Alabama Slammer. 9:40 isn't too early, right?

    Jeebus, hope you feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  16. i like a combo of A and D - subtle, sarcastic, and nonchalant all in one tidy package.

    lol, package.

    ReplyDelete
  17. F followed by commenting that HIS personality remains much like the wet sack of turds it was back in the day.

    ReplyDelete
  18. h) All of the above and in this order

    With no further explanation but include a picture of your watercolor vagina painting.

    If you have his real physical address, mail him an envelope filled only with glitter.

    ReplyDelete
  19. D with F

    the watercolor vagina would be a wonderful addition too glittered with lots of extra in the envelope so he'll always think of you when the snow/ice is glittering in the winter or every other time he cums in his jeans =)

    love the yo boy Wonder boy combo

    ReplyDelete
  20. Always go with dry hump. Dry hump trumps. *fist pump.

    F.

    Please do F.

    ReplyDelete
  21. My last word verification was F.

    That's a sign.

    ReplyDelete
  22. My vote is "F."

    P.S. I'm here because Steamie pimped you on Facebook.

    ReplyDelete
  23. I like all but "B" and would like to throw in: "It was wonderful to see you again, too. You're girlfriend is charming. I must admit I was worried you wouldn't find someone with your premature ejaculation issues."

    Also, the fact that he bothered to private message you was a testament to his undying love. He wouldn't have bothered at all if he didn't secretly hold a torch for you and find you devastatingly attractive. He's clearly full of remorse. I can tell these things.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Fuck. That's "your girlfriend". PFffffft.

    ReplyDelete
  25. DDDDDD. I mean it time young lady. DDDDD

    ReplyDelete
  26. Damn! I thought I was sooooo clever saying D with a PS of F. Then I read the rest. Oh well, great minds think alike I've heard.

    Damn smart people reading this blog...

    ReplyDelete
  27. Sweet Jesus - you HAVE to go with D with the F P.S.
    Something tells me he'll be too much of a pussy to respond though.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Are you kidding? F for sure. What is wrong with all of you people who didn't vote for F? You're socialist fascist terrorists is what.

    Every guy longs to be reminded of his glory days of teen sex(ish) if he was lucky enough to have any of those kinds of days. Even if it gets him in trouble with his lady, he will secretly relish it.

    People who vote against F are destroying America!

    F FTW!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Wow! okay, I like D followed by F. :D

    ReplyDelete
  30. If you're actually going to send it, I say D or F!

    ReplyDelete
  31. I like Moooooog's idea.
    I'd pick F.

    ReplyDelete
  32. Even though we have never met, now I feel obligated to flatter you. Nice ass baby. And go with F for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  33. yay for steamy for sending us over here! i hope you'll let us know the outcome when you do send the nasty text intended to bring shame. i wonder if he's got balls enough to even reply. (or if he used them all up getting you under the bridge)

    ReplyDelete
  34. OK, so far we have a lead of D, ps F., followed by F, followed by D.

    A&D, A, B, G, and C-or-G are tied with 1 each.

    E gets absolutely no love whatsoever, and C has no votes for itself alone.

    Here's where I ask if it matters that F never really happened ... because, I'm pretty sure if I right that, he's going to be all, "Um, that wasn't me." So, still for F?

    ReplyDelete
  35. Definitely F. And then if he says it wasn't you, you can reply with "Are you sure? Huh. I guess I'm confusing you with your dad."

    ReplyDelete
  36. I like G but then you are leading him to think you give a shit about his opinion.

    F is a good call but he'll wonder why it came out of left field b/c obvs he's dense, and try to continue the conversation.

    I go with *crickets*

    That's right, ignore his lame ass. See what happened to the "mad woman" above. Aaaaakward.

    Lovely, lovely awkward. How I adore you. Making others feel awkward is truly a gift of wisdom and maturity.

    ReplyDelete
  37. Definitely F. That is awesomeness! And he does think that you are funny and sarcastic. But then again I agree with Alyxmyself. *crickets* would be perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  38. I say go with D ps F, and if/when he says "that wasn't me" I say you INSIST that it was. Be adamant that the bridge scenario happened!

    ReplyDelete
  39. Either D or here's one: "Be in good health"? Who the fuck are you, the Pope?

    ReplyDelete
  40. omg EXACTLY what miss yvonne said...
    bahahahah

    ReplyDelete
  41. Dude. I wrote "right" when I meant "write." I'm a writer. Why do you guys continue to read this shit? I personify a series of idiotic typos.

    ReplyDelete
  42. You are totally a righter too. I feel more right just reading that.

    ReplyDelete
  43. I am now wondering if we had the same ex-boyfriend in high school, because I think we did. If so, I am sorry.

    ReplyDelete
  44. I love C. And that's not an abbreviation for a curse word. That completely occurred to me when I wrote that sentence. Although... I do loves me some c sometimes.

    OK, did you use C? You know what? I can't even talk about this poll without referring to poles, apparently, so I'll just sign off.

    I've had a couple of horrible facebook interactions with exboyfriends too. (Yea, I'm not signing off). One is a doctor now and we went to college together and you would think would be classy and actually write something back when I accepted HIS friend request and said, "Oh, hi!" No. *crickets* there. Then another was this really really really seedy I basically effed for a while after college. Into drugs, the Dead, you know the type. Anyway, him? We had a lovely exchange, which was basically, I'm glad you're doing well now, you have great looking kids, and nice to hear from you. The end. Classy! So, you know, who knows, right?

    Just found your blog and need to read all the archives obsessively. Yea. Looking forward to finding out how things went, just wanted to say hi while I had a few minutes. <3's!

    ReplyDelete