Advice: If you are in an MFA program for writing and your husband asks you to read some thoughts he wrote down when he was inebriated, just tell him it's really good and so amusing, really, and don't act like a dickhead in a workshop with a Pulitzer winner. FYI.
Reminder: Pay your quarterly water bill. Just because the city bills on paper doesn't mean the bill doesn't exist.
Advice: If you are wearing really cute shoes in a really boring meeting, so as to draw attention to your feet, please, please refrain from removing one of those shoes and scraping your fucking toenails. Especially if you have kind of a big-time job. But mostly just because it's skeevy.
Advice: Eat a good amount of chocolate.
Advice: Also, maybe still eat a good amount of chocolate, but not quite as much as you're eating now, and also don't be afraid to spend a little extra time at the gym. Go ahead. I'll take care of the kids a few extra nights a week.
Reminder: Have you picked up your prescription, yet? Did you call it in? Go ahead and do it now. I'll wait ...
Advice to self: Start Good Advice and Reminders Service. Become instant millionaire. Lose it all buying taffeta jackets and satin pill box hats with webbing and going to random funerals of strangers to sob like a mysterious mistress just to see what people do. Then, laugh, laugh, laugh at those stupid idiots. Write a book. Get a reality show gig and, the day you think you'll be eliminated, flash your vagina a bunch of times and also call someone a racist name so no one in America will forget your face, baby, ever. Do a bunch of interviews, and then talk about how you got sober and got healthy and then have a serious reality show to redeem your image. (self-made Drew Barrimore!) Sell some stuff on QVC. Be millionaire again. Also wear lots of makeup and 80s power skirt-suits.
Like this:
Or even:
But don't blow a guy in a clown dog car:
Awwww, burrrrrn:
So, is it just me, or has the Good Advice and Reminder Service become Your Basic Life Planning Service? Open for business.
Reminder to self: Move stuff from washer to dryer before bed, so you don't have to get all dressed up again tomorrow because all you have is another pair of control-top pantyhose you know has a run in the toe, and there are only so many times you can use the excuse that you got a run that morning, even though you got it last time you wore them, and everyone knows no two runs are exactly the same.




Sign me up. This is exactly what I need.
ReplyDeleteAlso, please explain to me the lack of personal boundaries when it comes to hygiene with some people. The husband had a boss who would clip his nails during meetings. WHY???????
Scraping toenails during a meeting? Seriously? What is wrong with these people?!
ReplyDeleteI have this recurring dream where I marry Anthony Bouvier and have wild passionate sex on a pile of Suzanne Sugarbaker's dirty satin panties while Charlene and Mary Jo shower us with buttons. Can I hire you to remind me of that tomorrow? (And by "hire" I mean "request with absolutely no intent to compensate you in any way other than by possibly incorporating you into the dream via jello wrestling with Julia.")
ReplyDeleteI could have used this advice YESTERDAY - specifically the clown car piece. Thanks for nuthin.
ReplyDelete*points at your eyes, points at own eyes, points at your eyes, points at own eyes*
ReplyDeleteThe nails thing is disgusting. Also cleaning your ears with your keys. Fuck me - BARF
ReplyDeleteLadies, want to become a millionaire? Want that big promotion at work? Two words for you:
ReplyDeleteShoulder pads.
OH yea.
i need more reminders and advice in my life.
ReplyDeleteWell I wasn't even THINKING about flashing my vagina, but NOW...
ReplyDeleteBy the way, darlin', you have a blog award waiting for you at Glitter Frog! Love and smooches!
I totally needed that one about the water bill.
ReplyDeleteAnd the clown dog car.
that's good advice.
ReplyDeleteI didn't think it was possible for me to love you any more. but then you referenced "Don't tell mom the babysitter's dead."
Advice: do not wear nylons. Wear leggings or super ass thick tights.
ReplyDeleteThe genius of your advice and reminder service is that it's universal and unsolicited. This way you don't have to answer annoying questions about people's stupid problems, or hear about their stupid schedules. Just preemptively advise and remind. Everybody wins.
ReplyDeleteIf only I knew of a reminder service so they could remind me to read this list...
ReplyDeletePantyhose? What is this the 12th Century? No really, explain. Do you need a self-tan tutorial? Also there's this stuff at the beauty store that is spray on panty hose and I swear to god I used the tester and it didn't wash off for like three days and I had beautiful, perfect tranny legs. Do it!
ReplyDeletesage advice. i won't be blowing anymore people in clown down cars. ever again.
ReplyDeleteI think you should routinely post a list of life tips/advice like this. I would write them down and carry them with me always (or perhaps stick them on my fridge).
ReplyDeleteI just happened across your blog, and if all your posts are as funny as this, I'm hooked. I'd read through the entire archive now, but I have a life. No I don't, that's a lie. I just have a major test tomorrow.
ReplyDeleteYou're awesome. That's all I really got right now. Newb follower passin' through.
ReplyDeletePaper bills don't exist! I repeat.... ;)
ReplyDeleteand I agree with Pixi, you're awesome. First visit, first read post, me smilin'!