Subtitle: The Kind of Class You'd Expect from Someone Smoking Weed out of a Milk Carton
By the way, this weekend, I made an ass out of myself at a cocktail party. Surprised?
I was thinking about other times I've been awesome at social gatherings, and I think the most interesting party I ever attended (other than the really molesty one with all the chiropractor students who never blinked and spent the evening massaging each other and groaning orgasmically - another time, perhaps) was a keg party way, way off campus when I was in college.
PHubby thinks it's important that I mention that I (we) attended a very small liberal arts college in a rural area. He likes to set the scene.
It was the week before classes started, and somehow I'd convinced my parents I needed that time to settle in and really prepare for rigorous academics. Shut up. I was very responsible.
One night, after I'm sure I'd spent all day pre-reading all the literature for my courses and making practice runs to the library study carrels, my roommate (Hilarious by Nature) and I decided to go to a party with some friends.
It was to be held at another student's parents' house, about 20 minutes outside of town, somewhere in the middle of the woods. Apparently, I was born without fear of townies, which is considered a disability in some cultures, in which they take you out back and beat you for being a dumbass who apparently likes ruffies.
We arrived at the party and - HEEEEEY! SO MANY PEOPLE CAME BACK TO TOWN TODAY! LET'S CELEBRATE WITH 12 CUPS OF GRAIN PUNCH! - I had a few drinks.
At some point in the evening, I started talking to a young man I didn't know. He said he remembered me from elementary school, and he knew my fourth-grade teacher's name, and he remembered I was one of the top readers ever in that class. Yes, thank you, I was a brilliant, well-read child. It has served me well, see?
Shut up.
So anyway, I didn't know him, he knew details about my life I barely even remember ... he seemed super safe.
"Hooray!" I thought. "A new BFF! He went to my elementary school. Nobody who went there could be even the slightest bit rapey! He's probably awesome and definitely doesn't want to rub his penis all over my skin or possibly under my skin after he removes it from my young, supple muscles. Surely not. Cheers, new friend!"
Seven or eight cups of grain punch later, and we were talking Plato on the steps to the deck, I'm pretty sure. (Fuck if I remember.)
I looked around and realized everyone was gone. There was a raging party, and then? Everyone disappeared. What the hell? Where did everyone go?
The kid throwing the party invited us inside. There was some, ahem, partaking, and the last thing I saw was Grade School Lover ripping a gravity bong hit out of a milk carton. (Kids: do not try this at home. Your parents will know you're on drugs.)
The next thing I knew, my neck and chin were wet, and they tickled. What was going on? I opened my eyes. Blurriness.
SHIT.
The kid was slobbering all over me. Creepy townie kid was sitting across the room watching. I had no idea how to get back to campus. I was drunker than I had ever been. I did a quick check of my clothing and was thankful it was still on.
Still. The situation was ungood.
"FUCK," I thought. "I'm a fucking after-school special. This is exactly what Alan Thicke said would happen to latchkey kids."
I made a mental note to blame whatever happened next on my mother's career.
My head was fuzzy, and my hands felt just like two balloons. ('sup? You don't like Floyd?)
I did what any normal, run-of-the-mill, drunken college girl in a scary situation does: I wigged thefuck out.
Next thing I knew, I was in the passenger seat of Grade School Lover's car, and we were driving. Driving, driving, driving.
I had my eyes peeled wide open, so I could watch the road. I'm 800 percent sure the kid should not have been driving, but I was much more interested in not becoming an urban legend. #Ilikemyliverinmybody
Where was he taking me? I don't know.
But, we ended up at a dead-end in the woods at which point I completely lost whatever cool I had left.
I remember screaming and yelling to get the fuck out of there. Where was he taking me? Get me home now. Oh my God, Oh my God, Oh my God.
To his credit, he didn't scream, "Chill, bitch. I'm turning around. I'm drunk, too, and I'm trying to get your drunk ass home. All I wanted was a piece of ass and an awkward morning drive, not a night of drunk-driving a hysterical idiot too drunk to protect herself from possible rape and dismemberment."
Instead, he turned the car around. I remember screaming at him to drive toward the orange glow in the sky, because that was our college town.
He drove me to my doorstep and let me out. Seriously. The guy did not lay a finger on me after I told him to get off me. He drove me home, turning when I told him to turn, and delivered me to my front steps. He did everything I asked.
So, of course, when I got out of the car, I slammed his door and screamed in the middle of my quiet little street, "THANKS FOR NOT RAPING ME!"
I walked up to my apartment, where I collapsed on the floor laughing because I wasn't being barbecued over a spit in the woods.
Later, I found out the guy felt really horrible about the whole situation and that he actually is a nice human being who is - I'm fairly certain - not a serial killer or rapist.
So. Who wants to party?


Awesome. I wish I knew you when we were young. We would have gotten in all kinds of trouble.
ReplyDeleteParty? Heeeeelllllllsssss Yeah! With you? I might pass. Don't need you wigging out bringing attention to our... activities.
ReplyDeletehahahahahahahhaha I seriously just laughed out loud while reading this! I have a friend that tells me crazy drunk stories like this and it is hilarious! Love your blog!
ReplyDeleteLike you, I always wear pants that match whatever I'm drinking. It's so much less embarrassing that way when I pass out and keel over with my drink between my thighs.
ReplyDeleteAlso, Sarah P. You are out of control funny.
Diagram of pot/milk bong please. There must be photos on the interwebs but I don't want it in my search history. But I know you Sarah P. And I know for a super duper fact, you don't give a shit about that. So give it up, the pictures I mean. I also have a hitch hiking story, two actually. I know yours isn't a hitch hiking story per se...but still. And BOTH times, no rape for me either! We were meant to be friends you and I. Stop fighting it.
ReplyDeleteThis is so funny and it brought back two memories, both involving you. Remember when we went to see DMB in Philly and I had to go get cheesesteaks with that hot lunatic who I'm pretty sure had multiple personalities? He went crazy in the car and started screaming and yelling into his phone at the answering machine back at the apartment and I never thought I was going to get out of that car alive. Just remembering that gives me the creeps. Then he screamed at you and Kristy to eat your f-ing cheesesteaks until you were basically forced to scarf them down just to shut him up. I got him back for that later, by the way. The funny thing is, as crazy and violent as he seemed, he got all scared and nervous ordering his sub from the cheesesteak nazi and gave me strict instructions on how to order mine.
ReplyDeleteAnd remember how on my trip out to visit you, you took me to the opening of your friend's independent film. Wasn't there a guy you introduced me to who remembered me from elementary school? I swear there was and I can picture him. It was completely random since I was on the other side of the country. You told me this story, then, I'm pretty sure.
Love your post.
Between Alan Thicke and that guys's penis, I am lost in humor-related bliss.
ReplyDelete...That may not have come out right.
Oh yeah, that took me back. MInd you, I was still "enjoying" this kind of, er, unwise behaviour in my thirties, so I didn't have to go back too far. Can I also blame that on my mother's career?
ReplyDeleteThose back roads are seriously hard to navigate stoned at night. One time, I was "driving around" with some peeps at night and we saw these three figures standing on the side of the road off in the distance. Talk about flipping the shit out. They turned out to be wood cutouts of Christmas characters. Whatevs.
ReplyDeleteThis story reminded me of my first gravity bong hit. I was curled up in a fetal position on the floor, laughing so hard I couldn't breathe. I was certain I was going to die that night. Meanwhile, Susan is explaining the deeper meaning behind Gustav Klimt's "The Kiss."
I wish I could still party like that. Now, I just get drunk, hurt myself and pass out.
I'll party with you. We'd make an awesome team. I'll bleed and you scream "thanks for not raping me" at all the guys we meet.
You're clearly the life of the party. As am I... or so I've been told. Something about licking people's faces and taking off my top at inappropriate times... I'm not sure, college was a bit of a blur... so was grad school. Whatever, shut up. I'm awesome.
ReplyDeleteAnyway, I'm thinking we (you as well as your collective commenters, all of whom seem to have a similar problem) should totally get some Franzia (to class things up a bit) and do a power hour with it and/or play Edward Wine-box hands, make some bad decisions with only the aid of the digital camera memory card the next day to piece together the night before (sad how many times I've had to do that).
It could be one giant collabo blog post, and everyone has to include the snippets of the night they vaguely remember...
Hahahahaha! Poor dude. At least you thanked him at the end of the night.
ReplyDeleteNice. EXACTLY what every drunk college kid wants to hear... "Thanks for not raping me!!" You are awesome!
ReplyDeletePoor guy. :)
ReplyDeleteJen O. - Or we would have been roasted over spits together.
ReplyDeleteJ-Bird - Ain't no party like a naked cupcake party.
Steff - RIGHT? Stone fox. My other option for the wording on Thicke's poster had something to do with the bad eyebrow wax, but I couldn't pick on him. Can't help loving Alan. Hotter than his son, too. Me-OW.
mariah - Thanks! The blog loves you, too!
Steamy - And yellow shoes to mask the urine? I out-of-control want to dry hump you.
tara - It's true. I go on this true crime forum a little too much, and I always think about how my search history could be used against me in a criminal trial.
linda - was it Jay? I have no recollection of an independent film. Was a band playing? I think we knew a guy in the band.
Curiosity - No. I think it's just perfect. It proves I'm not the only disturbed person on the Internet.
puncturedbicycle - You can blame pretty much anything on your mother's career. I'm a writer, so I'm pretty sure my kids will be in therapy for most of their lives.
becky - Sometimes, I really, really miss that place. Other times, I think, "What the hell were we thinking? Why did no one stage an intervention?"
Simply "T" - Best idea. OF THE CENTURY. Let's do it now.
Tara - The other day, PHubby said to me, "You know, we went a lot of places today, and frankly I'm a little shocked by your rudeness." I was like, "Whaaa?" because I am nothing if not polite. I am so embarrassed when I feel I've been rude. He said, "I saw lots of men open doors for you, let you have the right-of-way so as not to separate you from your children, smile politely, and not ONCE did you thank one of them for not raping you. I'm a little disappointed."
Jules - "Awesome" is one a-word for it, I suppose.
otherworldlyone - Ugh. I know.
So I'm just wondering, how was it that you got from the porch to his car? or was it the grain making your feet walk. :)
ReplyDeleteAt least you are a polite drunk!
Oh hell! I had a few of those stories from college. We would have taken over the town! I remember my roommate having to practically carry me home one night after drinking way too many shots of firewater. Oh yeah I was hard core! I was told that I even danced on picnic tables. Don't quite remember that part.
ReplyDeleteOh, College town. I have a somewhat similar story, probably in that same exact party spot (if it's the one I'm thinking of) and it began with being told by a friend, "There's a secret bus that comes after the last bus that'll take us to campus."
ReplyDeleteAmanda - I vaguely remembered going inside, but I don't remember getting from the couch to his car. Pretty sure I was already freaking out. Because I'm that awesome.
ReplyDeleteThe Random Blogette - Shots of fucking firewater. OUCH.
jilly - It wasn't one of the farm parties. It was BB's house. You know what I'm saying? I'm sure you also know the poor soul who was spitting on my neck.
oh, so many memories... well, not clear memories, but blurry half-memories.
ReplyDeleteMy poor mother found out something similiar about my sister the other day, and started tearing up, and being like "how come I can't protect my daughters ect" (30 and 28 respectively now). And as I was consoling her, I realized there are about ten million moments like this I will never ever mention to her. Because my sister is the good one.
ReplyDeleteSimone - Do we know each other? Because if not, let's party.
ReplyDeleteBridget Callahan - Another reason not to tell my mom about this blog, even though I think she might actually approve of it - in a weird way.
I'd kill for a night out that ended with me hysterically screaming, "THANKS FOR NOT RAPING ME!" or "THANKS FOR ONLY RAPING ME A LITTLE BIT!"
ReplyDeleteI don't get out much, though. Alas.
Is that like rape-light (as in not rape because you only pretended to protest) or, like, 25 seconds of actual rape?
ReplyDeleteRape is not funny. I don't know why I continue to make jokes about it.
HELL is where I'm going.
your alternate title made me think "OR advice from a guy who lives in a **van** down by the river!!!"
ReplyDeleteand then i laugh a lot.
I saw a girl in a "Thank You For Not Smoking" t-shirt once, which I thought was a little presumptuous. Yet if it had been a "Thank You For Not Raping Me" t-shirt, I'd have had no problem with it!
ReplyDelete"You're welcome!"
Why does your blog hate me so much? Did I say "show us your tits" so many times that now it just eats my comments and hides them away? Now you'll never know how much your line "or possibly under my skin after he removes it from my young, supple muscles" changed my whole outlook on life. I'm a regular frickin' Buddha over here now.
ReplyDeleteI too went to a liberal arts college in the middle of nowhere. I attended my fair share of townie parties, but I come from a very small town so therefore had the built-in know-how(two dashy words in a row = sentence win!)to avoid the rapists. First tip....stay out of the room that smells like reefer and disappointment. Always.
ReplyDeleteOMG, don't we all have those stories we shouldn't have lived through but did? and want to warn our daughters NOW!?
ReplyDeleteI have had more than a couple moments where I've thought, yeah, doing that would be about when the after school special music would start playing in the background and used that as my logic to avoid.
This post makes me laugh with my head AND my heart.
ReplyDelete"Show me that smile again.
ReplyDeleteDon't waste another minute on your cryin.
We're nowhere near the end
The best is ready to begin... oooh oooh oooh!"
Alan Thicke couldn't have handled it better.
That is one of the funniest stories I've ever read. Period.
ReplyDeletemylittlebecky - You comment makes me think that and then I cry. RIP, Farley, RIP.
ReplyDeletedogimo - OH MY GAW. I think I need that shirt. Not that I'd ever wear out of the house, but the thought of it would make me so happy. Better worn by a man, though, maybe.
Elly Lou - I'm changing hearts and minds here. It's my mission in life. In case you thought my mission in life was to lick as much of this cheese puff powder off of my fingers as possible so I wouldn't have to get out of my sittin' chair. Show us your tits!
Miss Yvonne - But, if you stay out of those rooms, how will you ever find a husband?
Baby Sweetness - Your inner monologue is so much better than mine.
Kurt - It's almost touching. Get it? Like I got almost not-date-raped. I'm here all week.
Captain Dumbass - Alan Thicke can do anything he wants, Mister.
foxy - You said "period." Heh. (I'm sorry.)
It says something very bad about me that I now totally want to buy you a drink.
ReplyDeleteIn a non-rapey way. I just think we could have some fun.
Again, in a non-rapey way.
KLZ - A little "accidental" molestation is always a hit at a party.
ReplyDelete