Yes, of course. Happy Good Friday indeed! Jesus died on a cross so we can have a half-day off work! Woot! Golf game or margaritas?
Since then, I've become acutely aware of DJs' propensity for proclaiming somber holidays "happy." It's become a somber-holiday tradition for me to hear a DJ do it, in the same way some people need to hear a certain Christmas carol to really get into the holiday spirit.
Also, I spend a great deal of brain time writing inappropriate greeting cards. Sometimes, I wonder if my mother would have laughed so much during that initial discussion, had she known how much time I would devote to the idea.
Actually, lots of times when I'm thinking things that might not be normal, I start wondering if other people know what I'm thinking, like "what if there is a psychic in this room who hasn't told anyone he can read minds and totally can see the things I want to do in bed with my husband later, or maybe he knows that I'm secretly thinking about how pandas must get really sick of eating bamboo shoots and if I were a panda I'd send out for sandwiches at least once a week or something, or he's laughing at me because I should be paying attention to the presentation about this forest preservation area but all I can really think about is how weird my shoes smell or how awesome bananas are."
And who is this judgmental psychic asshole, anyway? Wait. Now that I'm thinking about a possible psychic being in the room, does he know that I'm thinking this?! That sneaky son-of-a-nugget.
So yeah, I'm afraid of ninja psychics.
You might be thinking, "That's weird," but I really feel like everyone should have this fear, and I just thought of a good metaphor to explain why you should hate ninja psychics, too.
You know how when you go to a public restroom and you have to pass gas, you are really hoping no one is in there because if they are in there, you don't want them to hear you fart, and you're not sure if you can keep it in?
And then, when you go into the public restroom and find a stall, and you know people are in there and could hear you, you have two choices?
1) You can really try to refrain from farting, or 2) You can go ahead and do it and then wait it out in the stall until everyone who heard you leaves the restroom.
Of course, the whole internal debate is null and void if someone else is pooping in that restroom. Because that person is disgusting and should have held it, and also should be filled with shame and self-loathing, and probably should cut back on the fiber during the work day.
Anyway, my point is that your brain is kind of like a public restroom. It's the appropriate place for inappropriate things to happen, and you shouldn't have to feel bad about it. All I'm saying.
Having a ninja psychic in the room would be like someone sneaking into a public restroom to listen to you fart when you thought you were alone.
Not cool.
This post was supposed to be about inappropriate greeting cards, but it's really taken a turn and I'm feeling kind of lost now. How about this? I'll just post some greeting cards, and you unsubscribe when you read the one that offends you?
Great. Here goes:
Memorial Day
(front)

(inside)
Birthday
(front)
(inside)
Arbor Day
(front)
(inside)
Maybe near the graduation cards?
(front)
(inside)
I'mma be over there in the corner. Where the bad kids stand. Feeling ashamed.







You should not feel ashamed....you could have been a blow job. :D
ReplyDeleteThose are fucking awesome.... and the imagery of hiding in the stall after farting....yeah we have all been there. Well, not me. I fart with pride. Ok, that is a lie...but I have a penis and can't admit my shame. It is a hard life...but hey, I can pee standing up.
I think you're onto something here! I was going to go onto 'rant' about Easter and Christmas and the true meaning, but I don't want to wear out my welcome! Nice job!
ReplyDeleteps - showed my Mom, she stopped breathing because she was laughing so hard!
The "could've been a blow job" one is kind of tripping me out right now, I have to say. I've never thought of that. My mom could have swallowed me and been done with it. Or, if the apple falls anywhere near the tree, she could have taken it in the mouth and then stealthily dribbled it out here and there, dispersing it in small amounts around the immediate area, sneaky like. I could've been a stain on my dad's sock, is what I'm saying.
ReplyDeleteYou are not alone. In fact, I use my real name online because I long ago accepted the fact that ninja pyschics are real and obviously would be employed by my corporate overlords, so what the hell.
ReplyDeleteOh my God, that birthday card is priceless. Also, Stem Me Up Kid's comment made my whole freaking month.
ReplyDeleteThis is freaking hilarious! You could so use some of the wording on blank cards! I need to steal the blow job one (I will credit you) for my brother's birthday. He will piss himself.
ReplyDeleteI think you need to open a Zazzle shop. I would buy these. And my family would completely expect something like that from me!
ReplyDeleteOh, and I'm like ALL the time wondering if some sneaky MF can hear my thoughts. It freaks me out!
first of all, I adore your inappropriate greeting cards. get on redbubble and put those babies up for sale nowish.
ReplyDeletesecond, I SO TOTALLY HAVE THAT FEAR TOO! it's usually when I think something mean that I'm convinced that someone there can read my mind and knows what an awful person I am. probably the person I thought the mean thing about. and now they hate me. which is worse than death.
bahaha LOVE these, and i'm so with you on the public bathroom thing...
ReplyDeleteMaybe you should just write a line of abortion cards....
ReplyDeleteI once dated a girl who bought a Kwanzaa card for her mom every year. (They're white.) It was funny.
ReplyDeleteI prefer to buy greeting cards that don't match the holiday or event being celebrated. Then I cross out the text and write my own. Because this way I'm remembering someone's birthday or acknowledging an achievement AND being offensive, all at the same time. It's a win-win.
But if my existence weren't an affront to Hallmark, I'd buy your cards. Because they are kind of awesome.
brilliant card selection. also, if you have to fart in a public restroom, just flush the toilet while you're going pee... :)
ReplyDeleteOkay. There are so many things about this post that are just wrong. But I don't know where to start, so I'm just going to say thank you for being more disgusting than I am today.
ReplyDeleteAlso, Steamy makes me feel uncomfortable. Cock and stain and dad should NEVER be used in the same sentence.
I poop in public restrooms.
I know how to fart in a public bathroom and not have anyone hear it.
ReplyDeleteBut its secret and kind of disturbing so I will send it to you in another form of communication...
I love your blog. You completely lost me on the ninja psychics thing, but I enjoyed the ride.
ReplyDelete"I should be paying attention to the penetration about this forest penetration area but all I can really think about is how weird my shoe fetish is or how phallic bananas are."
ReplyDeleteThat's some top-notch blogging. Keep up the good work.
I have this very same fear. I have a lot of weird thoughts, occasionally about things that could get me arrested. Sometimes I'm so convinced that someone can hear my thoughts, in fact, that I begin having thoughts "for show."
ReplyDelete"nothing to see or hear in this brain. Nope. I like dogs! I wonder what I will eat for dinner tonight..."
but trying NOT to have a thought is nearly impossible because while I'm loudly declaring my love for furry animals, my brain is quietly working away in the background trying to put together a plan to become invisible and trash my ex boyfriend's apartment.
If that psychic ninja is listening carefully, he's totally on to me. That fucker.
Also, the greeting cards are genius. Effing hilarious, especially the blow job one haha
You should copyright these now. Or else someone will be making money off of them next week.
ReplyDeleteI just read the blowjob card to Steve and he laughed for like 2 minutes straight. Love it! One of our favorite cards ever just says: "Happy Birthday! See you in hell."
ReplyDeleteOMG I do the same thing as Simply T. I start freaking out that someone can hear my thoughts a la Mel Gibson in What Women Want so I try to control my thoughts just in case a ninja psychic is listening.
ReplyDeleteI hate it when you're stuck in the public loos with someone who seems to be pooping out their entire body-contents... Especially if they're making lots of groaning noises. Especially if they're in the cubicle next to you.
ReplyDeleteAnd especially if they emerge from the cubicle and join you at the sinks to wash their hands. Awkward.
Ok, I just need to point out that nesting in your mom's molars or dribbling onto your dad's sock isn't the worst place you could have ended up. Maybe you should add to the back of the card, "Dads like anal, too."
ReplyDeleteI fully expect to have my commenting privileges revoked at any moment.
This.Was.Hilarious. I definitely needed that laugh today.
ReplyDeleteMy dad is great at this sort of thing AND he's out of work so maybe he could help you out. He's full of inappropriate greeting card wisdom. Example: The best part of you ran down your mother's leg.
Yeah?! Told you.
mepsipax - My mother is a saint who never would do such things. Wash your mouth out, young man.
ReplyDeleteSpanky - Never! You're alway welcome. I hope your mom is breathing now. :)
Steamy - Your comment sparked a conversation with my husband. I wrote it down. You and your blow jobs - so inspirey.
Bridget Callahan - I have hope that maybe, just maybe, I'm crazy, and ninja psychics are a figment of my warped imagination.
tara - Dear God, I hope you read her blog.
The Random Blogette - I want pictures of the urine-soaked pants.
Brianne - Really? You'd buy those? Pretty sure that makes you more warped than I am.
andygirl - Eye-to-eye, baby. You get me.
Julie - Thanks, man.
Jules - Because I don't waste enough time on pointlessness now?
alonewithcats - One of my favorite tricks. There's never a perfect card, so why not buy something even more random?
Simone - BRILLIANT!
Stephanie - I could never be more disgusting than you, because you poop in public restrooms. You wrote it right there. It's on the Internet forever.
becky - Let's hear it!
LambAround - Now, I'm afraid for you. I feel you have no sense of danger and therefor are even more susceptible to ninja psychic attacks.
The Baltimore Chop - Something on your penis, I mean, mind?
Simply T - I TOTALLY DO THAT! The made-up thoughts! Brain twins, we are.
Logical Libby - Really? Ummm ... OK. Copyrighted. I'll cut any motha who steals.
Jess - Sometimes, I feel ashamed of my content when people I really know read it, because that means you know the weird stuff that rattles around in my brain. The laughing made me a little proud of my BJ card, though. Thanks.
Emily - The more I hear from other people about this, the more normal I feel. We should start a support group - OR a ninja psychic detection agency.
Jo - Where do you look, right?!
Elly Lou - You've been bumped up to Premium Commenter status. If I ever start a production company (Lord knows why), I'm going to name it, "Dads like anal, too."
otherworldlyone - Your mom is a lucky lady, but your Dad needs to get a jizz rag.
Good call, Steff. I think any mom would appreciate such a thoughtful gesture.
ReplyDeleteSo, oh my god. I don't know how I stumbled across your blog (maybe my friend Andrea?), but I am sick and disgusting and I have yellowish ooze coming out of more than one orifice, and I am LAUGHING. Fuck yes!
ReplyDeleteHi Morgan! Yay!
ReplyDeleteAlso, if your orifices are oozing yellow and you haven't read steammeupkid.blogspot.com yet, go do that. A few posts back, she wrote about that exact phenomenon.