Tuesday, April 6, 2010

On Field Day, Everyone is a Winner

I declare today FIELD DAY, because everyone wins!

But really, Curiosity wins. I would love to offer here her winning entry (which she e-mailed), but it's up to her. She can post it on her blog, or I can post it here. Or, she could choose to make you all really sore losers who are undeserving of laughs.

If you all saw it, you would know why she won. If you haven't already, check out her blog, Emotional Umbrella. Genuine is the word that comes to mind when I read her writing.

I have e-mailed her with the news, so hopefully, we will pick a book that will be fun or meaningful for her.

Your entries all were truly great. You made me laugh, think and - maybe most importantly - slow down.

I really, really appreciate that.

To show my appreciation, I would like to send you each a birthday card. Or a holiday card of your choosing. E-mail me your birthday and the age (if you want) you will be on your birthday, or the holiday/event of your choosing, plus your name and address (which I obviously will never, ever give away and very likely will lose and have to ask you to send me again #iknowmyself).

I'll send you something fun and/or funny to commemorate the day of your choosing sometime in the next 12 months. I'm not sending you a birthday card in 2020. Sorry. I'm not that organized.

Also, maybe include in that e-mail whether you are for or against immature and/or pornographic drawings in your card.

My email address is naked cupcakes at gmail dot com.

Thank you, all.

5 comments:

  1. Field day? I hated field day. DREADED field day. Awkward and awful. So let's make it some other day -- like maybe the last day of school before the summer, YAY WE'RE ALL WINNERS!

    But especially to curiosity! Yay to her!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! That's so fun!! I want a MacBook! No wait, a phone book!! ...Maybe I should think this through a bit more and get back to you.

    Feel free to post it to your site! I would be honoured.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Curiosity: Yay! I already read you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are only a winner on field day if you volunteer to make the red punch everyone drinks in between games and then you make it so sweet and red that by the end of the day, kids are going into going into diabetic shock left and right. Or have permanent red punch mustaches.

    Plus you hoard all the animal cracker you're supposed to live off while you play in the hot, south Florida sun.

    Plus, you win because you've had a moderate amount of the Amazing Red Punch you made and are hopping around on one foot with more energy than you've ever know in your life.

    Or something.

    Congrats Curiosity!
    (I'm new to the blog so I don't really know what we're congrating, but it seemed like the right thing to do.)

    Lorraine.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm new here so I missed the competition, but did manage to check out the Emotional Umbrella blog, and snorted horrendously at my desk while viewing the winning entry...
    ... I'm so glad no one was around to witness it.

    Congratulations again!

    ReplyDelete