He started giving me weird looks. He must have thought I was extra concerned because my dad is a colon cancer survivor.
But I was just making a logical assumption ...
Just some friendly advice: Maybe take a quick glance at those pamphlets your doctor hands you before shoving them in your back pocket and leaving the office.
Once this matter had been cleared up, he begrudgingly let me take a photo while I pointed and laughed at him. (He set limits on the area of his body the photo could cover. Vanity.)
While I was photographing his bottom, I noticed the wording on the pamphlet. "Patient information from your surgeon and sages."
Sages?
Like, old men in robes with long, white beards, sitting on mountaintops, spouting off crazy old man talk we're all supposed to think is enlightened or something?
That seems strange. I thought sages kept mostly to the subjects of philosophy and religion and telling other people what to eat.
Now, they're going all "Public service announcement: get your hiney checked." I thought that was Katie Couric's job.
I pondered this for approximately 11 hours, on and off, until I finally decided to pick up the brochure. Apparently, "sages" is really "SAGES," Society of American Gastrointestinal and Endoscopic Surgeons.
Kind of uppity opinions of themselves as "sages," wouldn't you think? I mean, sure "chew your peanuts well" and "get a colonoscopy" are good pieces of advice, but sage advice? Hardly.
Anybody that claims to be a sage of rectums clearly has spent some time in prison...
ReplyDeleteOh my god this is hilarious! Tell your hubby that I had 3 colonoscopies before the age of 26 and he should be thankful he won't be having his at a 'teaching hospital.' I couldn't even tell you how many people have examined my butt.
ReplyDeleteTMI?
I think there was a day when Phubby would've gotten mad props for carrying that around in his back pocket like that.
ReplyDeleteThis is an incredibly great idea! Next time I go to the G.P. I'm going to score a wide range of informative booklets. Then I'll pick and choose between them for rear-jeans-pocket-placement whenever I go out.
ReplyDeletePresto: surefire conversation-starters. Right there in your own pants-pocket!
Haha! Phubby is a good sport, letting you take a pic of his bum. I wonder how many people saw the pamphlet all the way home.
ReplyDelete"Public service announcement: get your hiney checked."
ReplyDeletei love this line! now if only i can find an opportunity to use it myself!