Thursday, June 17, 2010

Bringing Sexy Back, first part in a series

Sometimes, when faced with the pressure of kids, career, and family, couples can find themselves in a romantic slump.

Maybe one partner feels there isn't enough time to devote to creative love making, or maybe one partner is just too tired at the end of a long week to really focus on special time.

Or maybe one partner is just a selfish lover and maybe should think about someone else's needs for once and stop being so demanding and also maybe offer chocolates and a foot rub once in a a while instead of just whining about it being "that time" and "kind of thinking about a blow job" every day for five-to-seven days in a row.

The point is that couples must make time for each other, invest in the sexual and romantic relationship to reignite those old sparks that got them those adorable kiddos in the first place, eh?

Here at Naked Cupcakes, we are offering a series on bringing the va-va-va back to the voom.

Please join us for ...

Lovemaking, Lesson 1

Role Playing

After many years together, couples sometimes find lovemaking becomes routine. Well, there are some great ways to make whoopie exciting again!

Role playing offers couples the opportunity to "meet" a "stranger" or a "cheerleader" or even a "celebrity." The possibilities are endless, and it can be fun to experiment with different characters and situations!

Taking turns to help each other fulfill fantasies can provide excitement for both parties. For instance, on one turn, she's a lusty businesswoman who has little time for anything but a cheap one-night stand.

Another night, he could be a bartender, calling a late night cab for the drunk girl, flirting with her friend, and then maybe somehow turning into a businessman taking off his suit and banging the friend right there on the desk while his secretary holds his calls, and then he is suddenly the young high school teacher threatening to give her a "D" unless she does some "extra credit." And then - well, that's when the shower ends, so we really never know how the story ends.

Role playing can provide the opportunity to explore fantasies, is the point.

Other times, perhaps, take advantage of every day situations where role play could develop naturally, and let it play out. Use it to inspire a session later, in case the timing is wrong.

For instance, say someone wants to play "dragon." (Click the diagram to enlarge.)


Maybe you'll find role playing isn't for you, and that's OK.

The point is to keep trying until you find what works for your relationship.

It's always fun trying - and there's definitely a learning curve when two people commit to spicing things up in the boudoir.

When your backs heal, we'll move on to the next lesson ... Sexy Talk.

19 comments:

  1. Is it particularly bad that my boyfriend and I are 20, not married, no kids and already having this problem?

    Is it also particularly bad that we roleplay dragons for non sexual reasons?

    ReplyDelete
  2. No, you guys got it right. That's exactly how we play dragon at my house. But with more open flames.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds very much like the "Sexy Mermaid Meets Randy Unicorn" game we recently played at our house during Special Mommy and Daddy Time. I'll be honest -- it didn't go as well as we thought it would.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Damn. I don't have kids..... How can Hubby and I play this game with no kids......?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like to play lord of the rings role play where I pretend I'm Frodo and I have to get the ring safely to mordor (or wherever it's supposed to go in the movie) and there are giant trees chasing me and maybe skeletor shows up at the end- does that count?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mythical creature role play never worked well for this person I met a few times, you know, just around. Apparently people complained about rug burns from constantly galloping around on their knees while wearing a very uncomfortable harness. No complaints about the whip or the torch lighter though.

    They branched out to 'recently released prison inmate with violent tendencies and terrified victim'. Nothing says hotness like punching a dude..err person in the face mid coitus, eh?

    At least that's the word on the street.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am feverishly jotting down notes. Was it, "I want to massage your scales?"

    Got it. I'll report back on how tonight unfolds.

    ReplyDelete
  8. extra credit. ha! me thinks i may have some homework this weekend...

    ReplyDelete
  9. OHH sexy talk. Cant wait.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yeah so my hubs tried to whip out the, "Who's your daddy?" line once during freaky-skin-slappin-time. I matter of factly stated my father's name then slapped the shit out of him. Maybe I'll let him try, "Who's your dragon?" Though I'm not entirely sure Puff would be ok with it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I wonder if Arabs & Mormons have these problems.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Role Play was so much easier before kids ... kinda hard to explain getting it on while you have kids on your backs. =)

    ReplyDelete
  13. i am so looking forward to sexy talk! i need some tuning up.

    ReplyDelete
  14. our role playing gets about as freaky as 'no tonight YOU do the dishes and I'LL make lunches! come here you sexy crazy stud you!"
    wait, i jumped into some sexy talk, too. see? FREAKS!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Alright, so listen, one time I had this birthday party. It was one of those really lucky parties where you have no boyfriend, but there are at least five guys you can sleep with. This is the only time this has happened to me, thank god, cause it wasn't as awesome as it sounds. I was really fucked up and ended up in bed with this guy who I sort of liked, but didn't know that well. Friend of friend. So we're starting to do stuff, and he breaks out with "pretend I'm a soldier returning home from WW2". I had no idea how to respond. I think I asked him what kind of gun he had, and then made an excuse to pass out.

    The next morning I couldn't help myself, I told everyone.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh dear, the sexy talk/role play is fraught with all sorts of issues. I'm kind of squeamish about it all.

    BTW, I've tagged you for a meme if you fancy it, but no obligation if you don't... x

    ReplyDelete
  17. See, I don't picture lovemaking involving 20-sided dice.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh my! LOL on the "forked tongue" :p

    ReplyDelete