Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Yay! I won the most passive-aggressive award ever!

Thank you! I mean, you suck. Wait.

I won an award. Thank you!

An award for a blogger voters wish would post more.



This is exactly like the time the gym teacher wrote on my report card I wasn't working up to my full potential because I didn't see the point of changing socks for gym class and kept getting points docked from my grade for my expressive footwear. So petty. I aced the sit-and-reach.

Anyway, thanks to those who voted for the blog. That was really, really cool of you, and I was really excited to have made the list. (I finally get the whole "honor to be nominated" thing because the other bloggers on the lists are really great and I felt like I was hanging out at the cool kids' table, and it was a lot like that because when it was over, I went home and added a new decoration to my booger wall and made out with a David Bowie poster for a little while. Great day, top to bottom.)

Sweet. Jesus.

Also, thanks Studio30Plus for being actually fun and worthwhile. I'm not a blog-group joiner, but they've been offering a quality place for bloggers over 30 to go to bitch about the uppity little chippies in their 20s who think they can blog and then get movie deals and free sex toys and stuff because bloggers over 30 are way more mature and so above all that, really. So, thanks Jules, Jerrod, Kelly and Jen O. for your hard work.

I also want to acknowledge Didactic Pirate who is rad and gave me one of those blogger-to-blogger awards last week, which I don't post as a rule due to an overwhelming paranoia that someone could accidentally be left off the list and feel snubbed, and things would start getting weird between us, and then it will become this whole cycle of insecurity and misunderstandings. But, because it's coming so close to the Studio Thirty Plus award thing, I don't want him to think I'm just snooty about it.

Gawd, neuroticism is my cross to bear. Neuroticism and a fatal crush on David Bowie.

Really? You want more of this? Masochistic of you, but I'll try.

(And by try, I mean actually try, not obey your fascist dress code.)

22 comments:

  1. i didn't vote, cuz i'm lame, but i do get happy to see a fresh post from you in my dashboard. so yay for tonight! and yay for stupid awards. (probably i only say they're stupid cuz i don't win them.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You owned that award. I won't expect another post for a week and a half.

    Yay awards!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats! What can I say but, I love this blog. There should be something more substantive to add, but I'm all out of substance these days.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats! I hope you...use it well. :)

    Even though I'm an uppity little chippy, I love the over 30 crowd. They're more fun and they know lots of stuff about stuff, and they're very good in bed.

    But I'll be honest: This is the 2nd post in a week that mentioned David Bowie. And I just don't get it. Yuck.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm sorry, I can't stop staring at that gigantic Hoggle. And I don't mean the muppet.

    ReplyDelete
  6. congrats!
    I do believe I voted for you in that passive-aggressive catagory.
    so blog more, dammit.

    And I also do not get the David Bowie fascination.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Showering you with congratulations! You totally deserve the award, in every sense. (We want more!) Bowie is packin some heat for a semi-kids movie, no?

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love that you're bowing to peer pressure.

    ReplyDelete
  9. voted for you. and way to perform above our expectations: david bowie massive peen = A+

    ReplyDelete
  10. congrats. looking forward to your next post in a month or so...

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congratulations!!! And Bowie... you could totally get lost in that hair.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am so bummed out that I don't get sex toys and free movies. Maybe I'm not uppity or chippy enough.
    Congrats on the award! Also, I was born a masochist and so please, blog more, blog lots more.

    ReplyDelete
  13. you're so my blogging hero, bee tee dubs. you're one of the first blogs I read and one of my first blogging friends. I love ya hard and you always make me laugh.

    I did get a free sex toy though. but I worked my social media ass off for that damn thing and won it fair and square. hacha!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congrats lady!

    p.s. you won the giveaway over at my blog. I'm kind of pissed about it...way to be selfish and keep winning stuff this week. Gosh. Let the other bloggers win something for once.

    ReplyDelete
  15. OMG that's brilliant! It really is the most passive aggressive award ever! =D

    ReplyDelete
  16. congratulations on the award. Your sense of humor is touching

    ReplyDelete
  17. Well done and much deserved.

    Not entirely convinced of the whole David Bowie thing, but hey - I don't judge.

    I can't judge, really, considering what I've done to the Javier Bardem post card someone sent me last week.

    Disgusting.

    - B x

    ReplyDelete
  18. You rock! And we do wish you would try harder. Maybe if you dressed for class.

    Thanks for the shout out!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I would miss you if you never ever blogged again, but knowing that I could come back here anytime I wanted to and see that David Bowie crotch cup shot would carry me through!

    ReplyDelete
  20. So apparently I'm a little late to this party. Typical. Welcome to me and thank you and give me more or Mr Bowie's ka!chinga! I look forward to your occasional posts.

    Sarah xxx

    ReplyDelete