Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Naming a penis or a band?

Do you see how the do-it-yourself blog design thing isn't working for me? I turned myself into a mask and my blog into some sort of emo/goth hybrid.

My blog looks like someone melted the cover of Twilight or, like, took a Polaroid of the cover and then smeared the photo before it fully developed.

Wait. I can do this.

This blog design looks like sex between Jared Leto and Courtney Love, directed by Tim Burton, except Tim Burton was drunk that day and had the flu.

So ... I was going to tell you about the midwife at the OB/Gyn's office, and how she is crunchy in an upper-crust way - you know, wholesome with a gold watch.

And I was going to tell you about how, the year after I got married, I said something to her about maybe trying in the next year or so to produce a child.

She said very plainly, "OK, well, the way to tell if you're ovulating is to get a little discharge on your fingers and then pull your fingers apart. If it's tacky, you're not ovulating. If it sticks together in a long string, kind of like the white part of an egg yolk, you're ripe."

So, right after I vomited, I thanked her, and then she raised her eyebrows and half-smiled and said, "It's fun trying!" I kind of wish she'd had one of those spinning bow ties and a handlebar mustache, and then she could have tapped out of the exam room, pumping her cane up and down.

Anyway, I was trying to find a way to turn that into a story or a picture or something, but the furthest I got was this:


Yeah. Sorry about that.

Mostly, I just have some ho-hum crumbs of blog post ideas. Let's call it a theme, shall we? Cupcake crumbs, or something. I suck dick at transitions sometimes.

Speaking of dick ... for many years, I had heard that men name their penises. I accepted this as a universal truth.

My ideas of truth and gender stereotypes were shattered when I learned that PHubby does not have a name for his penis.

I think, in celebration of our upcoming anniversary, I should get to name it. We've started a list, although - is it just me? - some of them would be awesome band names.

Anyway, let me know what you think:

Dr. Wankenstein
The Hard Bargain
(Dr. Wankenstein and the Hard Bargain)
Snowball
The Nutty Professor (he's a grower)
Vanilla Thunderstick
The Witch's Dorothy
Little Roussimoff (Google is your friend)
PHubby's Magic Wand (Schtoopefy!)
Mr. Delicious
Larry (that's his brother Daryl and his other brother Daryl - they're nuts.)
Dr. Schmekel and Mr. Hide (he gets cold sometimes)

So, I type out the list, and then PHubby goes, "Are you just going to put this up as a poll?"

And then, we both start giggling like idiots because ... pole.

39 comments:

  1. You know, I thought they all just called him 'Johnson'

    Also, post crumbs. Right there with you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Discharge = egg yolk = ovulating?! Where do they get this stuff - it's like some kind of medical cooking class. Or something else that's totally wrong.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I once worked with a nurse that called all penis' Mr Hoo Hoo, you know,because that's the correct medical term for them...lol!!

    What kind of header do you want for your blog? I maybe could help.

    Speaking of children, check out my blog. I keep getting mailings from a fertility clinic. I doubt I'll get them anymore..lol !!

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh yes, the fun "cervical mucus" test. ew.
    I really like larry. Well, the daryl reference. Although I guess that would only really apply if dh had a vasectomy or swimmer problems since the daryls seemed a bit, uhm... slow.

    I had a name for one guy's. Pinky. Yes, it was meant to be offensive.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I always thought since genitalia comes in sets, they should have his and hers nicknames.
    He's Pokey and you can be Gumby.
    Sonny and Doesn't Share.(unless you're swingers)
    The Green Hornet and Katie-o

    ReplyDelete
  6. "Throbbing Gristle" is a real and fairly sucessful band

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the new header. And by love, I mean am somewhat creeped out by, while still being impressed, as that's sadly far beyond my own photo editing skills.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I used to 'know' someone who named his wiener "Connie Chung"

    Please add that to your list of considerations.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Go ahead, just stick your fingers up there and pull some stuff out. Then get it on, like what exactly is more romantic than that?

    I'm so so so into the first name...Dr. Wankenstein and the Hard Bargain. That's just amazing to me.

    I don't think my hub has a name for his penis. Sads.

    ReplyDelete
  10. The Witch's Dorothy? What?

    I vote for that since I have no fucking clue what it means.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I heard about that egg yolk thing. I've never looked at eggs the same way again.

    ReplyDelete
  12. LARRY DARYL AND DARYL!!

    Oh, girl. I just made meringue in my pants over you.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Mine was given the name Mr.Ed a long (haha) time ago.

    Something about a horse or something.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Vanilla Thunderstick. Wow. Just...wow. That? Is about the most perfect penis/band name ever in the history of the universe.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh, just wait. You will know more about your vagina than you ever wanted to. It's like the cousin who won't stop talking.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Yeah. Vanilla Thunderstick. If he doesn't use it, I will. (That's what she double-entendred cryptically.)

    ReplyDelete
  17. I missed a couple of your posts and I came back on the one about naming your hub's package. For some reason I'd prefer reading more about your vaginal discharge.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Mine has no name, although my favourite V8 Supercar Driver of all time is "Dick Johnson", so it seems like an appropriate tribute that it be named after him.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Over easy now has new meaning to me, too.

    ReplyDelete
  20. At first I was all *gag* she's talking about discharge and even though it's funny *gag*.

    But then you got to the penis names and I laughed until I brought my boss running from the next room and she was all, "What?! What?! What's so funny?! Tell me!" And I was all, "GASP HeeHeeHeeHee Vanilla Thunderstick HeeHeeHeeHee!" And she was like, "That's it. I'm signing you up for pastoral counseling.

    So, THANKS.

    P.S. - The header (<~~Penis name?) with the black eyeholes and wide gaping mouth is making me so hot right now.

    ReplyDelete
  21. She didn't actually use the word "ripe," did she? Is that the term they taught her in medical school or was she just putting her own quirky spin on doctoring? What a weirdo.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Vlad the Impaler.

    You're welcome.

    ReplyDelete
  23. I like "The Hard Bargain." Sounds like a book title. In public, you could be all, "PHubby, let's pull out The Hard Bargain tonight." Oh yeah.

    This is why I'm single, p.s.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Okay, this is weird telling people this, but my gf calls mine Golliath.
    I call it myself, with the emphasis on self. Me myself and I

    ReplyDelete
  25. i call chuck's peep, mr peepers because i think it's funny. also, some times i make laser gun noises with it. true story.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Damnit I was all locked and loaded with the funny discharge and then I read mylittlebecky's comment. And now all I can say is pew. PEW PEW pew pew pew PEWWW! P-p-p-p-PEW!

    Now my kitten is confused. No literally not my kitten. That wasn't a vagina reference at all. Though I guess she's confused, too.

    Christ, what the hell? Why are my comments over here so effing WEIRD!

    Which reminds me. The new header? Yeah. Wow.

    ReplyDelete
  27. I remember. Name his schlong Pontouf. Boy THAT was worth coming back for, eh?

    ReplyDelete
  28. Your blog design is fine. Mine is self designed, too, and it is the color of baby shit. Wanna trade?

    LOVE your tagline, BTW. :)

    PS. Steam Me Up, Kid sent me.

    ReplyDelete
  29. I think this post may have made me ovulate. And thanks to this post, I now know how to check. So helpful, you are!

    ReplyDelete
  30. So checkin' the 'charge is what I have to look forward to then in trying to churn out the sproglettes? Joy.

    As for a penis name, I'm putting forward The Poacher - in staying with the 'cooking the eggs' vein (heh heh, vein).

    ReplyDelete
  31. You know, that discharge trick will come in handy at parties.

    Regarding penis name: I'm trying to get my wife to call mine The Kraken. Mainly because I really want her to yell out, at the right foreplay moment, "RELEASE THE KRAKEN!!!"

    It's not catching on.

    ReplyDelete
  32. You know the more I look at that header, the more it reminds me of Little Orphan Annie. That is if Annie was a zombie doing fetish porn. =] *whistles, its a hard knock life*

    ReplyDelete
  33. I'm going for Vanilla Thunderstick, only because my boyfriend's is The Thundercock.

    I also like Dr Wankenstein.

    ReplyDelete
  34. Sorry. I couldn't read the post because I'm trying to find my sprinkles that you always promise.....

    ReplyDelete
  35. OMG! TEARS streaming down my face, my co-workers are seriously concerned that I am bipolar now. Steamy sent me too.

    I was just the WWofW in Wizard of Oz so I TOTALLY get and vote for "The Witches Dorothy" in fact, I may steal it too b/c <> my husband's is also the member with no name.

    Vanilla Thunderstick is fabulous but I have a friend who was in a band called Alabama Thunderpussy and they just sound like they go together too well.

    @Pirate: "release the Krakken" gets thumbs up from me.

    Larry Darryl and Darryl is also genius because you could work a little "Hello, Larry" in there as well.

    And yeah, the header ("header"?) is a little Coraline looking.

    ReplyDelete
  36. Hilarious as usual. I cannot contribute to the naming of Phubby's Wonder Rod

    Thanks for the ovulation knowledge ~ that piece of info would have been useful I don't know ... maybe 22 weeks ago =)

    ReplyDelete
  37. Ah yes, egg yolk, cervical mucus. There is actually a book - Taking Charge of Your Fertility that suggests you USE egg whites in place of cervical mucus if you don't have enough. You read that right. I guess you'd get it up there with what? A funnel while you are standing on your head? You'd need help from your significant other and then you can pretty much forget about getting pregnant anyway because really he's not going to boink you after that.

    ReplyDelete
  38. I like Vanilla Thunderstick. Or maybe Mr. Peebody. OR...The Colonel!!! (you know, cuz of his little helmet? oh, nevermind)

    ReplyDelete
  39. Dr. Schmekel and Mr. Hide (he gets cold sometimes)

    fantastic!!!

    ReplyDelete