Monday, May 17, 2010

Grateful blogs get Cra-zay, elbow-elbow, wink-wink

PHubby said I shouldn't make the title, "I'm a grateful girl" because, he said, it implies I am "a dog" and will therefore "take whatever you can get." Furthermore, he said, grateful girls overcompensate for their unattractiveness by doing crazy illegal stuff in bed or, like, in basically any alley, that probably risks the health of their colons, throats, and ear drums.

My questions are these:
a) How did I end up married to a misogynist?
b) Exactly how much gratitude has he received to make him such an expert?
c) Has he seen my blog design?

Not that I don't love my blog, but I'm not kidding myself either. It is kind of a dog, so I am grateful for everything it gets - comments, links, views, page hits, awards, etc.

My blog is the type of blog that throws on her tank top and wedge sandals and goes to the date rape frat house (lookin' at you, Theta Chis) and deliberately seeks out the drugged Milwaukee's Best, so she at least has an excuse for being so desperate for the cock.

I'm not saying my blog would offer digital stimulation to anyone who leaves a comment, but I'm not not saying it, either.

It's really hard (TWSS) not to feel like an attention whore when I do stuff that's kind of self-promotional.

But, it's also really lame of me not to acknowledge people who go out of their way to do something really nice.

Take Ed, from Ed's Funny Pages, for instance. He spent a ton of time checking out lots of blogs nominated on his site for funniest blogger, and he gave me the award I am now calling the Golden Peen. See?


It was super, awesome nice of him to spend so much time checking out people's blogs and making awards and stuff, so ... Thanks, Ed!

Furthermore, all those people who nominated me (I only know the ones listed in the comments, so if I left you out, you know why), Steam Me Up, Kid, Elly Lou from Buggin Word, and OtherWordlyOne of Calling People Names (who totally would have, and mentioned it in her comment), are all frigging hilarious. Thank you all for being awesome. *virtual blow jobs*

It's a damnhellass travesty two of those bloggers (and many others way funnier than I) weren't nominated, and had I known the contest was even happening, I would have made sure they were on the list. Next year, I'm toast, because I'm nominating a million hilarious bloggers I love.

Anyway, I highly recommend running over to Ed's site (after you check out the three listed above, if you don't already read them, which you probably do because they're all way more popular than I) and checking out all the nominees. His top 10 are great, but so are the other nominees. Completely worth the time.

31 comments:

  1. I'm highly curious about what is involved in a virtual blowjob. It sounds tricky.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never heard of that award, but with a name like that, it must be awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Self promoting, attention/comment whore unite!!
    Im putting on my wedge sandals now. Meet me at the frat house - we'll do some damage =]

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wait! At least let me shower first! I like to make a good first (holy god I totally typed fist originally) impression.

    Seriously congrats. I'll slip you a roofie anytime.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Um, Sarah you missed so much awesome, disgusting fodder for this blog this weekend. I mean seriously, I think you and Sam might be brain twins. This story is too long for the comments section. Give me a call.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You mean heinous blog designs aren't the new MS Paint?

    Shit.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Is it weird that I suddenly feel dirty since I witnessed you giving virtual blow jobs? Man, talk about internet porn at it's finest.

    Congrats on your peen. Watch out for Ed though. He is a genuine shitleg. And I say that with all the affection I can muster.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think that you wrote my life story above...Theta Chi frathouse..desperate for the cock. Have you been stalking me?

    ReplyDelete
  9. You said digital stimulation. BAwahahah, ok sorry I am not 16, but I wish I was cause my ass and boobs were rocking hot..

    ReplyDelete
  10. There is so much peen and cock everywhere. I'm going to have to be institutionalized. Or wear a bib. Eff semi-non-voluntary-abstinence in the ahole.

    Thank you for the mention! Your blog quickly became one of my favorites. Congrats on the Golden Peen. ...peen...*deep breaths*

    ReplyDelete
  11. A golden peen is a worthy award indeed. I'm glad your blog is such a slut. That's the kinda blog my blog goes for. Hacha.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Goddamn, I hate it when people give peens faces. Creeps me the f out.

    But congratulations, nonetheless. You are pretty damn funny.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your blog is going to wind up with chlamydia.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Natalie - It's virtually no work at all.

    Megan - I named it, so of course it's awesome.

    Midwestern Mama Holly - I knew you'd be the type we'd have to drag back to the dorm by her ponytail.

    Elly Lou - I think the accidental fisting makes me love you a little more.

    steff - I'm seriously clueless, too. I had no idea about the contest. Also? When people start blogging and tweeting about blogger drama, I never have any clue what's going on. I feel like the kid sitting at the B-crowd table, trying to eavesdrop on the A crowd to figure it out.

    Jennay - I've suspected as much. Sad I wasn't there. Hope it lived up to history.

    Ells - I made this heinous blog design in MSPaint. *rock star hand sign thingy*

    Surferwife - WTF is a shitleg? This is the second new insult I've heard today.

    TheRandomBlogette - You know that I stalk you, but I would never follow you to the Theta Chi house. I went to a party there the first week of freshman year, saw the girl-fishing they were doing, and I never went back. *shiver*

    ThePeachy1 - The amazing tits are wasted on the underage.

    otherworldlyone - I totally read that as "Eff semi-non-voluntary-abstinence-in-the-ahole." Seriously, I spent several minutes trying to figure how what kind of semi-non-voluntary-ahole-sex you were having. Then, I read it again for clarification and understood. Hi.

    andygirl - Your blog totally loves the sluts.

    KLZ - Really? Do faces on other parts of anatomy freak you out? I think we need to explore this.

    Logical Libby - *nodding* Yep.

    ReplyDelete
  15. You just gave a bunch of girls blow jobs..... hmmm....

    ReplyDelete
  16. Clearly you are sleeping your way to the top. Bravo!

    Lolz... Your comment over at MamaPop on that creepy religious vid made me laugh so hard I think I woke up at least two of my kids. And this post made me crack up another two times. You totally deserve that Golden Peen, girl!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Jules - All three of them are chicks-with-dicks. Big, juicy virtual penises. (That even made me vomit a little, and I have a very strong stomach.)

    Amy - Hi! Thanks! I just went over to your site and started to get addicted, and then my husband was all, "Are you doing work, or are you reading blogs," and so I said, "My blog is part of my work," even though it's really not because it's negative cash flow, and anyway, I'm on a crazy deadline and should not be online at all right now. So. In summary, I like your site, and I will stalk you as soon as I meet my deadline.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I've just found your blog and even though we don't know each other very well yet, or even at all, I think you really deserved this award. You're super funny.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hey, Thanks for posting the award.

    You totally deserved it.

    Keep up the funny.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Congratulations on your award!

    Stopping by from SITS! Welcome!

    Cheers :-)
    - CoconutPalmDesigns

    ReplyDelete
  21. I guess now I'm on the fence about your blog design. Before I thought it needed a redo? And now, I realize that it would just be lipstick on a pig? That came out wrong. Pigs are great. Stay piggy? No. That's not it either. I guess I'm trying to say to be all you can be. But not in the army. God, this is going badly.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Congrats on the Peen! Your blog is hot like Ally Sheedy in Breakfast Club.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Wait.. so you DIDN'T have to do any of that illegal sex stuff to get your award?

    Oh man, he told me that that's what all the winners were going to have to do. I feel violated.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Omg if I thought I could slut my blog to the top REALLY...I'd be there with bells on!!! And nothing but the bells

    Your blog brings me a lot of joy and pleasure which is more than I can say for...well I'll just leave it at that

    ReplyDelete
  25. Your blog makes me all tingly in my girly bits. Then again, cupcakes usually have that effect on me. Better than sex.

    ReplyDelete
  26. i'm only following you for the kind-of-threat of digital stimulation. also for saying "golden peen" and providing illustration. Come to my blog if your into vagina toupes, otherwise you should probably stay away. just sayin

    ReplyDelete
  27. Congrats on your award!!! I won one too and was so flattered.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Congrats....can I touch it. I haven't checked Ed's page in ages...lost it in the comp crash of aught 9.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Please teach me how to give a virtual blow job. Because it sounds way easier than a real one and my husband has REALLY been bugging me about it lately.

    ReplyDelete
  30. Your blog gave favors to his blog for that award -- dont' lie -- we all know it's true. And congrats! :)

    ReplyDelete
  31. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete