Thursday, March 25, 2010

I WIN, YOU WIN!!

I got word today I was accepted into a creative nonfiction MFA program.

And this is how I feel:



















(Apparently, even having a muppet mouth and a really ugly skirt wouldn't get me down today.)

I can't believe it! Even though I've been a professional writer most of my adult life, I still suffer from that old sleepless, sweaty "One day they'll find out I'm not a real writer" paranoia.

On those nights, I sneak downstairs, turn on the television and cry myself to sleep under a blanket on the couch. Not because I feel ashamed about my writing ability. I cry because, at 2:30 a.m., when Dorothy and Blanche comfort batty old Rose, it's fucking touching, OK?

Thank God for Sophia and her comic flatulence.

Anyway, what was I saying?!

Oh, right! Someone (a whole committee of someones) thinks I'm a real writer! Which is awesome! And a little scary!

So, here's a dirty secret: as part of my application, I submitted an edited, cleaned-up version of one of my old posts from this very blog as an example of humor writing.

Guess what?! CONTEST TIME! The commenter who guesses which post it was will get their favorite candy mailed to them (can be Easter candy or all-the-time candy.) If you're outside the U.S. or Canada, we'll probably have to work out an alternate plan, but you'll win something cool, I promise.

ALSO, I'll be giving at least one hint on Facebook or Twitter, and I will give more hints if it seems like this is too difficult for people to guess.

I'm jubilant, assholes. Get some jubilation up in your pants and start guessing before I get stingy with the candy.

17 comments:

  1. I have no idea what postit was, but shitchyeah! Congrats! Candy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ohmygosh CONGRATS! you're making me want to go back to school now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You go topless when you're happy too? TWINS!!

    I got your card. You are my favorite nut ever, and I giggled for like 30 minutes afterwards. I'm going to post about your drawing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I guess this one: http://nakedcupcakes.blogspot.com/2009/12/c-u-next-tuesday-is-it-me.html

    Am I right? Did I win?

    Oh, yeah - way to go!

    ReplyDelete
  5. DINGDINGDING!! Jen O. is the big winner, breaking a long streak of never winning anything. So now, she doesn't even win at not winning.

    Steamy: You wear tops? I am an artiste.

    Everyone else: thank you for all the awesome wishes and congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, and andygirl, do it!

    And ells, I am totally stealing 'shitchyea' because it is awesome and I clearly don't use enough curse words.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Darnit. I'm too late to guess!

    Congrats on your big news!! Yay!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm way to late to guess. And by late I mean lazy. Congrats though! That's awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Woooooo Hoooooooo!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm too late! And I would've guessed wrong anyway. I would've thought it was "the best present ever" post.

    And, again, Contradulations!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Well confreakinggradudamnlations my darling, and well done!

    ReplyDelete
  12. That is freaking awesome...you are so adorkable (adorable dork). My word...if you take it I will stab you...miss me? Kisses

    ReplyDelete
  13. Aaaaaaw man! I was going to guess that same post, but I'm too late!
    Sexy Nerd is going to have to buy me some candy, PRONTO! Dammit.

    Oh, and congrats too, of course. :)

    Lamb’s Most Recent Post: The Chalkboard Door is for Holiday Decorating!

    ReplyDelete
  14. That's awesome! Congrats, big time! I will be looking for those hints because I love me some candy.

    ReplyDelete