Tuesday, November 6, 2012

I graduated and stuff

Hi Internet!

I missed you more than you missed me. What? What's that? You don't remember me? Yeah, I wouldn't remember me either.

I'm a little gloomy and grumpy and spending the evening in my sweatpants on my couch, watching election results roll in and drinking wine until I fall asleep. How YOU doin'?

And we're getting a Nor'Easter tomorrow. Thbpbp. Just hand me a bucket of ice cream and pants with better elastic. I quit.

Anyway, I graduated from my master's program. I'm now a master. Master writer. Perverts.

A tiny little excerpt of an excerpt from my manuscript was published on this really lovely online literary magazine for nonfiction, BraidedBrook.com. Really, most of the stuff they publish is gorgeous and poignant and lyrical. And mine was, well, mine.

If you care to read, I would love your good and bad feedback.

4 comments:

  1. congrats smart lady! i hope this means you have more time to update your blog...

    ReplyDelete
  2. :) Thanks!

    (... um, smart? not sure what all that weird coding is up there. off to change it now.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I absolutely loved your piece on sippy cups. The husband and I had a rough patch and he adamantly refused to go to counseling with me, saying, "You're the one that's unhappy, so you're the one that's broken. YOU go to counseling." I guess that means he won?

    We eventually got snowed in and had a huge, intimate fight in front of his best friend at 1:00 in the morning one Christmas. Oddly enough, it helped. Our marriage couldn't be stronger. (Though to be honest that has a lot to do with the fact that he lets me sit on my ass and watch t.v. while he does dinner and the bath time routine. I think that means *I'm* winning.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you're definitely winning. One morning a couple years ago, my husband brought me a crow bar "just in case you feel like prying your ass out of that chair today."

      Delete