C-U-Next-Tuesday, formerly a semi-regular feature on this blog, was all wrong.
I'm reworking this bitch into something we can respek. Respekkit. I stole that from somewhere, but I don't remember where, so I'm claiming it. Respekkit.
Anyway, there was nothing intrinsically wrong with the C-U-Next-Tuesday idea. I just needed to reverse my approach. (I just spent six hours rewording that sentence to make it into some sort of approach-from-the-rear joke, at which I failed and which I think is sadly telling of my current level of brain power and motivation to clean.)
C-U-Next-Tuesday should be all about honoring those who deserve the title. Honoring the cunt.
Indeed.
As my friend Jilly wrote when I first announced my love for Nancy (on my birthday, after PHubby requested Nance wish me a Happy Birthday):
This woman needs a fanclub. STAT. She ranks 2nd (right between Anna Wintour and Gwyneth Paltrow) for my all time favorite C U Next Tuesday faces. This woman brings her A Game Bitchface to the news everyday and does not receive the proper appreciation for it.
Amen, Jilly.
If you already watch Nancy, you know. If you don't, allow me to break down the cuntyness for you.
Normally, I watch Nancy for one of two reasons:
1. Exclusive interviews with major players in a crime that has made national headlines.
2. I become hypnotized by a gigantic necklace and a shiny shirt.
I get pissed at Nancy when she covers worthless crap, like Jon-and-Kate drama or Michael Jackson's death - not that I wasn't interested in those stories. I was! Nancy excels in other areas.
Nancy is a former prosecutor with a record of wrist-slaps for shady practices - quite obviously all in the crusade for victims. Bitch, WHAT? Yeah, that's what I thought.
Occasionally, though, Nancy covers something pointless and I watch anyway, because I've already seen this Law & Order, and I just can't devote another minute of my life to Two and a Half Men. (Charlie is a whore, Alan is a mooch, the maid is a bitch, the mother is a sociopath, and the kid is stupid and farts a lot. I get it.)
This happened last week, when Nancy was discussing the latest news of Jon Mark Karr, a completely delusional fuckwad of a person who, a few years ago, falsely confessed to killing Jon-Benet Ramsey. Long story short, Homeslice has some issues.
Discussing Karr's possible sex change (because apparently, he might be in hiding as a woman, after being accused of stalking a young girl), Nancy was confused about where on the sexual spectrum this guy lies, and she straight-up got snarky with one of her contributors:
"I'm a JD, not an MD. You need to break it down for me."
YES! Nancy-watching pay-off! She's all, "Break it thefuck down. Does he or does he not have a penis, a vagina-like hole, or breasts?"
She gets to the bottom of the issues.
Also? Nancy Grace has a contributor named Jean Cesares, which when you're not paying attention to the TV, and Nance calls to Jean Cesares for information, sounds exactly like Jenkasaurus ... and you think for a split second Holy Shit! Nancy Grace has a contributing dinosaur! Nancy Grace is King of Everything!
Anyway, I do follow a lot of true crime news. Any time Scott Peterson writes a letter to Casey Anthony, or scuba divers have a picture of Natalee Holloway's remains, you can find me over with the other crazies at websleuths.com. I'm awakewriter. Friend me, yo!
If you already watch Nancy, you know. If you don't, allow me to break down the cuntyness for you.
Normally, I watch Nancy for one of two reasons:
1. Exclusive interviews with major players in a crime that has made national headlines.
2. I become hypnotized by a gigantic necklace and a shiny shirt.
I get pissed at Nancy when she covers worthless crap, like Jon-and-Kate drama or Michael Jackson's death - not that I wasn't interested in those stories. I was! Nancy excels in other areas.
Nancy is a former prosecutor with a record of wrist-slaps for shady practices - quite obviously all in the crusade for victims. Bitch, WHAT? Yeah, that's what I thought.
Occasionally, though, Nancy covers something pointless and I watch anyway, because I've already seen this Law & Order, and I just can't devote another minute of my life to Two and a Half Men. (Charlie is a whore, Alan is a mooch, the maid is a bitch, the mother is a sociopath, and the kid is stupid and farts a lot. I get it.)
This happened last week, when Nancy was discussing the latest news of Jon Mark Karr, a completely delusional fuckwad of a person who, a few years ago, falsely confessed to killing Jon-Benet Ramsey. Long story short, Homeslice has some issues.
Discussing Karr's possible sex change (because apparently, he might be in hiding as a woman, after being accused of stalking a young girl), Nancy was confused about where on the sexual spectrum this guy lies, and she straight-up got snarky with one of her contributors:
"I'm a JD, not an MD. You need to break it down for me."
YES! Nancy-watching pay-off! She's all, "Break it thefuck down. Does he or does he not have a penis, a vagina-like hole, or breasts?"
She gets to the bottom of the issues.
Also? Nancy Grace has a contributor named Jean Cesares, which when you're not paying attention to the TV, and Nance calls to Jean Cesares for information, sounds exactly like Jenkasaurus ... and you think for a split second Holy Shit! Nancy Grace has a contributing dinosaur! Nancy Grace is King of Everything!
Anyway, I do follow a lot of true crime news. Any time Scott Peterson writes a letter to Casey Anthony, or scuba divers have a picture of Natalee Holloway's remains, you can find me over with the other crazies at websleuths.com. I'm awakewriter. Friend me, yo!


I am stunned that I did not know that websleuths.com existed. Every once in a while I get sucked in by some horror story and need to read EVERYTHING about it.
ReplyDeleteIt's almost like how I have to watch the The Deliberate Stranger: The Ted Bundy Story or Jim Jones: The Guayana Tragedy every time they are on t.v.
I have no idea where I was going with this.
I just purchased Nancy's new book, The Eleventh Victim, tonight. Cant wait to start reading it. LOVE LOVE LOVE me some Nancy Grace.
ReplyDeleteMan how I loate, loate, loathe that woman.
ReplyDeleteI ain't got the tee vee, but when I looked at it over to the gym sometimes, I seen that Nancy Grace. She's got real pretty hair.
ReplyDeleteThe first twenty times I saw her schtick I thought it was a skit on some lame comedy show. But I thought that about Larry King too.
I think you should put in the TM for Respekkit. Or that circled R symbol. You know. To get proper credit.
ReplyDeleteI'm a major sucker for Ninny Grace, especially when I'm driving and she's on the cnn channel on sirius and you can only hear her twinkling voice. Stuff of angels!!
Are you sure that Suze Orman isn't just working an altar ego?
ReplyDeleteI love how she's looking like such a total badass in that picture -- leather jacket and all. In her own mind, she's a motorcycle-riding, ninja-kickin' crusader for justice. She's her own Chuck Norris.
ReplyDeleteI have no idea who these people are, but you've convinced me to find out.
ReplyDelete"Sarah! Happy birthday FRIEND!"
ReplyDeleteEven the capitalization feels threatening, like a sarcastic reminder. It's followed by an eyeroll and a slow clap, I bet.
(They didn't really find Natalee's remains under water, did they? I'm way behind.)
I cannot even explain in words how much I dislike Nancy Grace...actually I did a post about it once after watching her cover the casey anthony case for about three years in-a-row. Too bad that was on my last blog. Didn't seh falsely accuse some lady in to killing herself?
ReplyDeleteHooray for blog props!!! But Nancy will always be number 2 until she gets someone to carry her down the stairs so she doesn't have to walk or ride an elevator with normal people. That is grade A Cunt, right there.
ReplyDeleteI'm half tempted to take a photo of Nancy with me the next time I go to get my eyebrows waxed.
No one would fuck with me with that brow game.
"vagina-like hole" is my new band. i called it.
ReplyDeleteI imagine my grandmother would have grown up to be a lot like Nancy if she'd had more than an eighth grade education.
ReplyDelete@becky-Naw C Love called it already, sorry. But you could have "sexual spectrum"? right?
ReplyDeleteI like the new C U Next Tuesday idea! Who is next!!? Martha?
ReplyDeleteI'm getting a "new to this planet still adapting to it's customs" vibe from the way she signed "FRIEND" on that photo.
ReplyDeleteCame back to tell you.. I read Nancy's book. While it will never win a Pulitzer, it was worth the read.
ReplyDeleteOMG, somebody else who loves Websleuths and NG. I actually lived on Websleuths, refreshing the page every 2 seconds during the early Caylee days because I didn't want to miss one single thing that was happening.
ReplyDeleteI, too hate it when she covers stupid crap like MJ and she who makes me vomit in my mouth, Kate.
That is the best summary of Two and a Half Men I have ever read. You're clearly brilliant.
ReplyDelete