Monday, February 16, 2015

A New Person

It's been years since I've posted here. It seems like just yesterday, and it seems like a long time ago.

I am a different person.

I got a master's degree, and then I got a divorce. Not a conscious uncoupling. A traditional, horrible, mean divorce. The kind your parents had in '76 or '82. Before Ivanna told us, "Don't get mad. Get everything."

This is not the right venue for me to share intimate details of my divorce, and really, it's fresh enough to be self-centered and not of value to the greater good. Yet.

I'm working on a website ... slowly, as I have a full time job and I'm a single-parent of two hilarious, brilliant, and remarkably weird kids. I might move this stuff over there. Or move some of it. Or none of it.

I thought I would want a fresh notebook because my writing style has changed with my life.

But I just logged in to poke around the blogs I've missed and felt like I reconnected to old friends.

I'm going to sit here the rest of the afternoon with a cup of coffee and the leftover chocolate-covered strawberries from Valentine's Day and visit old friends. I don't know that anyone will see this, but if you do, I've missed you and I'm happy to see you again.

I leave you with an old toast ...

Here's to you, and here's to me,
Friends, friends we'll always be,
But should we ever disagree,
The fuck with you and here's to me!

Cheers,
S.E.

12 comments:

  1. I love that this post just popped up in my feed. I re-launched my blog this year, and man, it felt good to have a home again :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holy. Flipping. Moly. It's Sarah P.

    Hi!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi!!! I'm going to follow this link to figure out which of the Beckys you are!

      Delete
  3. Welcome back! Ivana's got nuttin' on you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're back! I noticed you were gone. I made milk cartons and everything. I hope you stick around so we can get to know the new person you've become.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm trying to come back to this world, too. *pauses to scrape vomit off of non-supportive bra strap* I'm sorry to hear there's been some shit for you. And I'm thrilled you scored the degree. And I can't wait to see you shine. Which sounds all douchey and hormonal because DING DING DING...but still. Just to take the edge off, though - BALL SACK.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh GOD, I hated those hormones. I cried at so many commercials. For months. This blog started as a way to crawl out of the muck. And by muck, I mean sour breastmilk, vomit, and tears. I'm so glad you're coming back! That inspires me to get cracking. E-hugs

      Delete